Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pay It Forward

Ok. I think I have a better handle on this RECEIVING thing for now. I had a revelation after speaking to my therapist and sleeping on it last night and then meditating this morning. Here is the deal. I am a giver and a healer by nature. As a child I was always trying to help others and create peace and as an adult I have always been in the healing professional; first working with teenagers for 10 years and then doing energy healing and massage therapy for the last 7 years. Through the years, I have also always worked very hard on healing myself and becoming a better person, but not usually ever above helping others first. However, recently my health has forced me to do so.

So, here is my big revelation. I feel I have been put on this earth to help and guide others on their spiritual journey. But, in order to obtain even more compassion and understanding for others, I must experience these trials myself. One of my very favorite movies is called Pay It Forward..although the ending is a bit disturbing...the movie's message is huge! So, if I graciously and humbly receive ALL the love and support I am receiving in this time of need in no matter what form it comes; I will have even MORE to give back when I am able. Basically, I can Pay It Forward! This is how the universe is set up and works. Karma as they say. Not only will I have the experience and awareness of all these trials I have been through, but my cup/pitcher will be filled back up and over flowing with love ready to be poured back out. Therefore, from this day forward, I am going to receive this help with the knowing that I can give it back ten fold to others in need when I get well enough to do so. And all my friends can have the knowing that they took part in helping to pay it forward! Watch the movie if you have not, it is powerful...two of my favorite actors Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey are in it.

No comments: