Friday, March 23, 2007

Aloha! I am finally in paradise!

I made it here safely! I arrived yesterday at about 330pm Hawaii time which is 630pm San Diego time. Dr. Baylac herself picked me up at the airport! I arrived feeling right at home as she does not allow shoes in the house...true Hawaiian tradition! :0) The house is surrounded by lush tropical greenery and my room is small but very nice as she specifically gave me a back, quiet room so I could rest. I also have two large windows since it is in the corner of the house so I can look out and see amazing tropical foliage that blows in the wind and hear birds and roosters. However, it has not been sunny at all since I have been here, so I do hope this changes.

I met with Dr. Baylac last night at about 6pm for my intake and we went over all my medical things and got to know one another. I like her a lot and feel that I have FINALLY found a place that will be able to help me get well. I am currently on day two of water only and I am NOT FEELING WELL AT ALL physically. I have a severe headache, abdominal pain is worse than usual, I am very weak and have trouble just typing or raising my arms above my head, my tongue is gross, abdominal cramping and I feel dizzy. Having said all this....

I REALLY LIKE THIS PLACE AND FEEL SO VERY BLESSED TO GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE. I am very optimistic that I will be able to get the care I need here. I am exactly where I am suppose to be and strongly believe I have been led here for a multitude of reasons for my own healing and hopefully the opportunity to 'pay it forward' by helping others heal in the future by my own personal experiences and new found knowledge.

The doctor came already this morning to visit me again. She will come to my bedroom once a day to check on my progress. Every morning when I first wake I have to take my temperature and weigh myself and then someone comes and takes my blood pressure and my pulse. You have no idea how happy I am.....unlike the hospital I get to sleep as much as I want and wake whenever I want in the morning. I get as much solitude as I want in my own private room or I can go out to the common area to visit with other patients. I have not done much of this yet as I am enjoying my down time just unpacking, resting and doing thank you cards.

That brings me to another subject. I would like to once again thank everyone who has been so very supportive. Marilyn brought me to the airport yesterday morning and gave me a list of people who she received some money from to help with all my expenses here. I do not know of any of the amounts as she told me she is going to deposit a surprise amount into my checking account as I did not want to bring a lot of cash with me. As much as I am having a hard time with receiving all this financial support, I also know that others like and want to help. I would want to do the same if I had a friend in need. But, I do not think others really realize the magnitude of how this is helping me in SOOOOOO many ways. Not only is it allowing me to be able to finally just relax and know that I will be able to pay for whatever lab tests or extra days of treatment I will need to get well, but it is showing me how very much I am loved, how the universe always provides if we just commit to doing what we need to do to take care of ourselves and how very rich and blessed my life is!!!!!!! THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I would be so destitute without my loved ones...you are my light and warmth on cloudy days!

1 comment:

Uncle John said...

Thinking of you every day . You are in our prayers. Get well my Pookybear.
Love from Uncle John and Aunt Kay