Saturday, March 10, 2007

I AM CRAWLING OUT OF MY SKIN!

oh yea....more to say since earlier today....I got two surprises in the mail yesterday. My friend Jill dropped off an inspirational card and note in my mail slot. And my friend Garry sent me a check. Then, today, my client, Genevieve brought me a beach bag with some goodies in it when she came to receive her last massage this morning. Then, after I was done working; my massage client, Kathy, also came by to visit. She brought me a belated Valentine's Day gift and a guardian angel stone to look over me while I am there. She also gave me some cash as she was originally going to send me flowers over there, but thought I could probably use this more.

I do not think I have received like this ever in my life and believe me I AM CRAWLING OUT OF MY SKIN. My sponsor and therapist are encouraging me to just soak it all in. It makes me think of when I used to work with all the teenagers...a fellow youth worker of mine and I would always conduct this positive affirmation session with the youth by having one of them sit in the middle of the circle while all the others sit around that person and give them compliments. Well, the only thing the person in the middle is allowed to say is..."uh-huh, tell me more, thank you, oh yea give me more, yes you are so right, bring it on, keep it coming, etc.!" At first the youth would hate it, but pretty soon they really got into it. I guess I need to practice what I preach as they say....or fake it til I make it!

SO THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT....KEEP IT COMING!! BIG HUGS!

No comments: