Saturday, March 24, 2007

Body in Hell & Surrounded by Angels

What a day yesterday was. Sorry, but this is going to be another long entry...I need to share and I really appreciate you listening!

After my last entry in here, I proceeded to get SICKER AND SICKER. I had one of my muscle attacks where I could barely walk, super dizzy, tunnel vision in and out, involuntary shaking, pain in abdomen up to an 8 and nauseated. BUT, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO MY ANGELS:

MARGO, my first angel. Margo is a patient who is doing a work study program here which I hope to do so I can get free room and board when I get well enough if I need to stay longer for more treatment. She came in the morning to take my vitals and later in the day she came to pick me up for a road trip to 'the pond', but I was too ill to go. So, instead she went and spoke with the doctor and Dr. Baylac came downstairs to check on me. Therefore, instead of getting to get out and enjoy the beauty of nature, she got stuck here spending the next two hours taking care of me. A true angel from above!

DR. BAYLAC, angel # 2. By the time the day was over, I had seen the doctor 3 times for a total of about 1.5 hours of her day. Believe me, compared to the 5 minutes with my western doctor when I was in the hospital this was very comforting to have her here when needed. There were days when I was in the hospital when the nurse would have to call my doctor to get her to come to visit because I guess she had forgotten after never arriving all day. Dr. Baylac on the other hand really is full of strength and wisdom yet compassion and light. Angels are surrounding me everywhere! I am so blessed.

Anyhow, so they decided to give me my first coffee enema to help with the pain. MARGO, went beyond the call of duty and went inside the bathroom with me and walked me through the whole procedure step by step...naked butt and all! I will spare you the details! Anyhow, then she proceeded to give me a castor oil treatment by placing oil and a heat pad on my abdomen. My shaking got worse due to the coffee, but the pain, dizziness and nausea started to slowly diminish temporarily which was a relief. I had about 1 hour of more comfort. But, then it was time for my massage...what I hoped to be a relaxing treat, but did not turn out to be so.

Ciappnino, massage therapist, angel number 3! Well, 15 minutes in to the myo-fascia release massage I began to have this very strange tingling that started in the roof of the mouth and proceeded to spread to the nose, face, hands and feet. Kind of the feeling when a body part falls asleep and then starts to come back. I was having painful cramping and tingling and just tried to breathe through it. However, it proceded to get worse and worse to the point that my arms and legs were having involuntary convulsions and my muscles started to curl up to the point where I had NO control over them. My hands were curled up and I could not use my fingers...at this point I WAS SO SCARED! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG? But, Ciappnino, was there holding me and comforting me. It was another 40 minutes or so where this continued and she tried various methods to help get my muscles to release. She ended up having to literally carry me back to my room as I would walk as if I had MS and involuntary twitching and convulsions. She then proceeded to call the doctor again and I just layed in my bed to rest.

MARGIE, angel #4! Margie is another patient who lives in the room across from me. My door was open so she asked how I was doing and I proceeded to tell her not so good that I was really scared. She then proceeded to come and sit by my side and we had a nice long talk to swap life and health stories. Another gem with a huge heart.

About an hour later, it is now 10pm, Dr. Baylac and Margo came back and checked on me and tucked me in bed for the night as I seemed to be a bit better. It is a big mystery as none of them know exactly what is happening, but are confident that I am on the right path as my body is fighting to heal itself. They assured me that they would be right upstairs if I needed anything...but then jokingly said...but please dont wake us! I unfortunately could not sleep as the pain was too intense, but I was so glad to just have control again over my muscles and be able to use my hands. I layed in bed and watched some Friends episodes with my portable DVD player and I eventually fell asleep for a little while but ended up and down most the night with pain.

Despite the pain and fear....I feel so blessed to be here surrounded by so many angels! More later...love you all...thanks for being out there in cyber space it helps so much...

No comments: