Thursday, February 1, 2007

Health Update 2/1/2007

I went to a free lecture last weekend and met a former MD, Psychiatrist and Neurologist that is now doing integrative mind/body medicine here locally. I saw her free lecture advertised in a brochure I get in the mail from a mailing list I am on. She advertised this:

"Are you frustrated by the system? Do you need a doctor who will listen to you? Who will take the time to give you the care you need? Have you suffered persistent problems that don't respond to treatment? Do you have a problem that nobody is able to diagnose? Now there is a doctor who will do all that just for you. A California licensed MD who will give you a thorough examination, review your chart, confirm or correct your diagnosis, and issue reports to your regular medical provider. I will do whatever it takes to see you in an immediate and timely manner even if that means seeing you outside of regular work hours!"

NOW OF COURSE THAT SURELY ATTRACTED ME! :-) So, I went to the free lecture which was on depression and nutritional deficiency. Definitely another big piece to the puzzle...since my body is unable to absorb nutrients!

I am also seriously considering going to a Holistic Clinic in San Antonio, Texas, but have not even contacted them yet to get more details on some questions I have regarding my personal condition as well as the cost, time and lodging situation. My Dad recently met the husband of Michele Longo O’Donnell who founded and ran the clinic for 25 years and has since written a book. So, my Dad gave me the book to read....total higher power thing. I finished reading the book, ‘Of Monkeys and Dragons’, over a week ago and have since typed up a 13 page synopsis of my interpretation of what I read. I already knew a lot of what she wrote about, but I just never knew how to go about explaining it to the doctors I saw or finding a place to receive this kind of care in a whole package. She did a good job of tying it all together. This once again confirms my intuition and extensive research of what I need to do to get well.

So, the search continues to find a holistic place to go for treatment...

No comments: