Saturday, February 24, 2007

In Honor of Bob Hammon

I opened my mail and the tears just started rolling down my face today. The note says this, "I'm sorry that you are having these health problems. I know Bob would want to help you with your expenses, as do I. Please take care. I wish you a complete recovery. Love, Helen." It was accompanied with a large sum of money. Helen Hammon is the wife of Bob Hammon who was my once a week, long-time (over 7 years) massage client who passed away from cancer last year. I miss Bob so very much and this gesture from Helen left me stunned without words. I called her to thank her like an hour later with this overwhelming sense that I just can not accept such a gift. I feel so overwhelmed with uncomfotableness and a warm, warm heart all at once.

No comments: